Wednesday 18 August 2010

Art journal try-out




This summer I went to Stockholm (tell you more about that later) and soon after that we went to our summerhouse near the sea. My mum was there too and she brought some postcard sized aquarelle paper and water-soluble crayons. I wanted to try them and with Stockholm still fresh in my mind I made two postcards in art journal style. I like the result, and it is a great way to keep memories alive, so I might try to start a little art journal later this year.

It would be a great way to use the many hours I spent in the train commuting to work. I need to find other materials though, because the crayons I used (Caran d'Ache) were not really suited for the job to my opinion. The good thing of the crayons is you can use them without water in the train, and than finish it with water at home. However, when using such a small paper size (A6) I need something that you can use for very detailed work. And since small paper is easier to carry with you, I might try markers or perhaps aquarelle pencils. But I am afraid the colours won't be bright enough then. What do you think?

No comments: