Wednesday 26 August 2009

Learning the hard way



With every stamp I carve I learn something, usually because of the mistakes I make. For example, I forgot to take pictures of the first stamps that I gave away and stamp any prints either, which I now regret I little, because I would like to keep an ‘archive’ of the things I made. So when I made the stamp for Siep, I quickly took some pictures.



It gave me a good purpose for the ‘Floddertje’ notebook that my husband gave me a long time ago. (I will tell you about ‘Floddertje’ later). I can use it as an archive by stamping prints in it with every new stamp I make. My last post shows the prints I made with the Siep stamp.



As it turned out, you can make really nice patterns with stamps, another good lesson. I adore the Siep pattern. It looks like those little images they make for children to learn reading.
So yesterday I decided to make some patterns with the stamps that I have. Some turned out really nice, but I also learned another important leasson: don’t stamp on the backside of a page, because it will show through the paper. The Siep-pattern is ruined, but at least I learned a lesson!

5 comments:

ninainvorm said...

Those patterns are so wonderful!

Struinkunst by Lisette said...

Wat een leukies! Heerlijk zo'n gestempeld patroon (ook leuk voor stof!)

Wat betreft stempelinkt: bij winkels zoals Pipoos en andere hobbywinkels kun je hele mooie kleurtjes kopen.

wijeisenijs said...

Ok, ga ik daar eens kijken. Pas las ik ook iets over 'natuurlijke' inkt. Ik neem aan ten opzichte van synthetische inkt ofzo, iemand een idee of dat iets uitmaakt en waar je dat koopt?

hinke said...

Hoi Marije,
Wat leuk om je blog te ontdekken en te zien dat je je bezig houdt met het zelf maken van stempels. Ik wil ook heel graag zelf stempels maken, maar waar begin je dan? Waar koop je het rubber bijvoorbeeld?
groetjes Hinke

hinke said...

Ik zou dat heel erg graag willen! Het was heel erg leuk om te doen, maar wat je zegt een strakker resultaat zou erg fijn zijn! Je kan het sturen naar moetjatja@moetjatja.nl
Alvast bedankt!!