Wednesday 21 July 2010

New inkpads make my old stamps shine…

I bought some new colourful inkpads from Colorbox and the colours are amazing. Beautiful shades of green and turquoise, and bright orange, yellow and red. They really make my stamps shine. I immediately made some cards with my own handmade stamps and I love the result. Only next time I will use cards with a little less texture, because the ink cannot reach every spot. I like textured paper better than normal paper though, I think it adds to that handmade feel. But I need to find a compromise, paper with just that little texture, don’t you think?

2 comments:

quirk said...

I disagree. I like the way the stamps work on textured paper: the way the ink gets interrupted gives the image a certain timelesness. I say: stick with textured, it goes well with these images.

wijeisenijs said...

Hi Quirk, thank you for our comment, it's the main reason why I keep this blog, to get feedback on my work.

I might keep using this paper, but I'll keep looking for something different, so I can try that as well. I'll show you the result when I've found it!